– Benue government filled charges against Miyetti Allah before a state high court in Markudi, the state capital
– State governor Ortom confirmed the lawsuit in a press briefing with journalists on Monday, April 30
– The governor also faulted the poor response of security forces to the continued attacks in Benue
The Benue state government has sued the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore to court over the repeated killings of innocent citizens in the state.
Channels television reports that state governor Samuel Ortom revealed this on Monday, April 30, saying the is before the State High Court in Markurdi.
Governor Ortom faulted alleged inaction of the security forces to arrest the group for purportedly threatening violence; an act he claimed resulted in the multiple deaths since 2018.
NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Governor Ortom revealed that 18 local government area in the state are under attack by suspected herdsmen.
Ortom said only three out of the 23 local government areas in Benue are free from herdsmen invasion and attack, Vanguard reports.
Speaking with journalists on his return from a vacation in China, the governor said he regrets the continued onslaught against his people from some armed herders.
Calling for vigilance in among residents of the state, Ortom said, the chief of army staff Tukur Buratai would visit Benue to address some of the security challenges in the state.
Victims of Herdsmen killing buried in Benue State – on NAIJ.com TV