Breaking: Hundreds of residents, women and children reportedly flee as Boko Haram insurgents attack Borno town

Reports in the evening of Saturday, November 10, claim that hundreds of residents, including women and children were fleeing from the Judumri area of Borno state into Maiduguri an attack by suspected Boko Haram gunmen.

Premium Times reports that Judumri is just an outskirt of the city.

The report said residents of Maiduguri heard gunshots in the evening of Saturday, November 10, as Muslims were concluding their prayers.

“About an hour later, groups of men, women and children began to flock into the Maiduguri city centre on foot, fleeing the attack by Boko Haram,” the report said.

It quoted one Ahmed Ibrahim, a 21-year-old man, who was seen pulling two of his younger siblings, as saying: “It started at about 6.30 pm when we began to hear heavy sounds of shooting coming from the bush area behind our community which is not far away from the Federal High Court.

“Initially we thought of running into our houses but soldiers guarding the parapets asked everyone to leave at once. That was why we had to leave en masse.”

The report said some of the fleeing residents claim they would pass the night on the streets.

The report said this is not the first time the area had been attacked by the insurgents in recent months.

The report added that the Nigerian military is taking action already as several trucks filled its men and those of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) were seen driving at top speed towards the attacked location.

It said the military and police authorities were yet to react to the alleged incident.

Source: Legit.ng

Updated: November 10, 2018 — 8:50 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wepublicisenaija © 2018