Normalcy returns to Gudumbali after Boko Haram attack – Residents

– Peace is said to have been restored in Gudumbali village after an attack by Boko Haram terrorists

– Residents of the community said the terrorists were repelled by troops of the Nigerian Army

– According to the residents, the terrorists came into the village on Friday, September 7, shooting into the air

Residents of Gudumbali community in Guzamala local government area of Borno state have said that peace has been restored after a gun battle between troops of the Nigerian Army and some member of the Boko Haram terrorists.

The residents said the militants from Boko Haram Takfiri terrorist group struck on Friday, September 7, evening causing panic.

They however said the terrorists were immediately repelled by troops who returned fire.

Confirming the resident’s reports , the members of the civilian Joint Task Force said the attack by the terrorists had caused panic among residents in the community.

READ ALSO: Buhari not in confrontation with NASS over electoral act – Presidency

One of the local vigilante normalcy has been restored in the area.

“It is true that the Boko Haram stormed the town shooting sporadically,” a JTF member, who pleaded anonimity said.

He said: “But together with the help of the army, we were able to repel them, forcing them to retreat.”

Also some of residents of bthe community said they were grateful to the Nigerian Army for repelling the attack by the insurgents.

A commercial motorcyclist, Salisu Musa, said he was forced to close for the day due to the attack.

Musa however noted that despite some fear in the community, people can still be seen going about their businesses .

“They were saying if you know you’re an innocent person just leave the town, our target is not you, or if you wish to stay with us, it’s no matter, you can stay with us.”

“They came towards the town shooting in the air. But the army gave their all and battled them to salvage the situation,” Musa said.

READ ALSO: Police arrest deadly family of kidnappers led by 60-year-old mother (photo)

Meanwhile, another resident, Ramatu, said: “As you can see, everywhere is safe now. I’m doing my business without any fear.”

One of the eyewitness of the attack, Musa Mohammed said he was glad tragedy was averted through the timely intervention of the military .

Mohammed said his people have suffered enough and hope this will be the last of such debacle.

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that the Nigerian Army had on Saturday, September 8, repelled a deadly attack on its troops by Boko Haram at Gudunbale in Guzamala local government area of Borno in the early hours of Saturday.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The action by the Nigerian Army followed reports that scores of insurgents in gun trucks and various calibre of arms stormed the town and engaged in fierce battle that lasted for many hours with the troops.

It was gathered that the fighters were said to be with the Boko Haram faction under the leadership of Abu-Mosad Al-Barnawi.

Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram – on NAIJ.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Updated: September 10, 2018 — 5:29 am

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wepublicisenaija © 2018